Valentines Day is one of my favourite days of year. No, not for the chocolate, just as a gentle reminder to celebrate the purpose of life… love.
Being romantic and spontaneous isn’t so easy when you have babies and children to look after. You’re often too busy, too broke and too tried to focus on romantic gestures. We also forget to tell our partners how much we value having them around.
So with V Day approaching let’s spread the love and celebrate the special day by including our children in the fun too.
Mums-To-Be & Babies
Where to buy:
1. Make your baby an instant heartthrob in Blade & Rose’s new Valentines Day leggings. Guaranteed to make all crawlers and toddlers look adorable with a raspberry pink heart and angle wings on their bottom – £10.00.
2. A Mexican Bola necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery is the perfect gift for any mum-to-be. The chiming pendant is traditionally worn by pregnant women to bond with their unborn babies. The soft, tinkling chime serenades and soothes baby as mum goes about daily life – £30
3. Nothing says “I Love You” like breakfast in bed. This Forman & Field luxury hamper is the perfect indulgence and romantic start to the day for all pregnant or tired mums. It includes Forman Smoked Salmon, Peter’s Yard Crispbreads, Pear & Lemon Conserve, Paddy & Scott’s Coffee along with a bubbly Chapel Down Brut – £44.95
4. End the day together floating in an aromatic tub of Olverum Bath Oil. The therapeutic oil contains 10 pure essential oils (including eucalyptus, lavender, juniper, rosemary) to naturally relieve stress and promote a sense of wellbeing and happiness. A pure beauty treat, loved by the fashion crowd – £36.95
5. This super cute embroidered pink heart sleepsuit from Jo Jo Maman Bebe is the perfect gift for all little treasures. It also has a matching heart baby hat – £16.
6. The PacaPod baby bags is the ultimate gift for glamorous mums on the go. Allowing mums to arm themselves impeccably and stay organised with babies/ toddlers in tow. This luxury Jasper bag has two detachable pods inside to store feeding and changing items, both can neatly be removed leaving a beautiful bag for a ladylike night of romance – £250
7. Willow and Honey candles are a lovely gift for mums to de-stress and indulge. Each beautiful gift box contains three mini soy wax candles inspired by nature. Floral boxes include English Rose, Peony & Lily and Himalayan Cedar & Jasmine. Fruity boxes includes Sweet Orange & Chilli, French Pear & Freesia and Fig & Cassis. They smell divine – £30.
8. It wouldn’t be Valentines Day without chocolate and oodles of it. This stylish Silver Mushroom Fondue Set is the perfect way to involve children in a deliciously naughty family treat. Grab the strawberries/ marshmallows and tuck in together. The messier the better. A great way to have family fun this Valentines – £59.95
9. Snuggle your baby up cosy and warm in a soft muslin wrap which is as cute as it is chic. These pink Sheridan Mysie Wraps feature a hand painted print and are stylish as well as practical. Perfect for a Valentines Day trip out and about – £25
10. The whole family wins with this rose bouquet from GettingPersonal. Half a dozen Columbian red roses for mum, a fluffy teddy bear for baby and a box of Lily O’Brien milk chocolate hearts for dad (or to share as family). Write a unique love letter down the red ribbon and personal a gift card inside – £36.99
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration to get romantic and have fun with your family this Valentines Day. Especially all you lads/ dads who think a last minute trip to the nearest petrol garage for a naff card and bunch of flowers is OK.*
* Disclaimer: to be fair naff cards and flowers are still lovely (and thoughtful), but something better would be, well, LOADS better! Share the love ♥ ♥ ♥